A POTTED HISTORY
Operating in 50 and distributing across 160 countries, Energizer Holdings, Inc. is a consumer goods company operating in the household sector. Energizer currently offers products in portable power and lighting.
In 2008 Energizer approached Dialogue to localise its website into 10 languages to help drive its European expansion plans. The tone and style needed to be adjusted for and resonate with the target markets and also had to align with existing marketing material already published.
- Dialogue worked hard to establish the correct style and tone required from the outset.
- We created a glossary of terms which was reviewed and agreed with the local markets prior to embarking on the full web localisation.
- The next stage was full localisation – not just translation of the content but localisation where local references needed to be adapted to the region.
- Finally the copy went through Dialogue’s strict ISO 17100 quality assurance processes to ensure that the copy submitted was 100% accurate, in the right style and ticked all boxes.
- We stored the website in our memory software to make updates easy, consistent and cost effective.
THE RESULTS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES
After the successful multilingual European web launch a few months later Dialogue has been involved in ongoing updates, product launches and localisation of new microsites to support Energizer’s online presence.
Dialogue has created extensive translation term bases and glossaries to ensure that our approach to Energizer’s work is consistent and reflects its local market preferences and style objectives. We look forward to many more years working with them.