A POTTED HISTORY
Flying to over 170 destinations in nearly 80 countries, British Airways is the UK’s largest international scheduled airline. Best known for their impressive customer service, BA is a real British favourite!
British Airways approached Dialogue in early 2016 for the production of subtitles for a corporate film with an extremely rapid turnaround required.
- Following Dialogue’s strict subtitling guidelines, a specialist linguist meticulously time-coded the transcript to fit perfectly with the film.
- The subtitles were put through Dialogue’s rigorous ISO 17100 quality assurance process, before being exported as an .srt file.
- The subtitles were then expertly formatted through Dialogue’s own proprietary subtitling software app to ensure on-screen legibility was maximised.
- Once perfected, the subtitles were integrated to film which then went through another round of strict quality assurance before timely dispatch to BA.
- And all of this in just 24 hours!
THE RESULTS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES
British Airways were delighted with the results. Their head of internal communications channels, Rob Howell, commented on the work completed: “I was really pleased with the quick and accurate service Dialogue gave us. Our video introduced our new Chief Executive to our 40,000 colleagues in BA so it was crucial it was as accessible to everyone as it could be. The decision to add subtitles, however, was taken close to the video’s publication date, and Dialogue was able to take the brief and deliver the video back to us right on our tight schedule. We’ll definitely be looking to work with them again.”
BristiThis is a new relationship for Dialogue, but one that is already looking to flourish, with more films for subtitling on the way.